Friday, February 21, 2014

Mike's Burgers is the next "Roasted" Wienie place!

"This Hot Dog reminds me of George Bush! It left a bad taste in my mouth!" Steve Harris 2014. I will probably have to break this up into two divisions sometimes; one for me and one for Steve.

1. Hot Dog-For Richard: I had a double chili dog. Sloppy and just what I expected. Not great but filling. Rating: 3 out of 5


1. Hot Dog-For Steve: Bland. Steve was not impressed at and threw half of dog away. (He offered it to me first.) Rating: 0.5 out of 5

2. Condiments-These are way sloppy dogs. For me that was good. For Steve, well, he was just disgusted.  Rating: 2 out of 5

3. Ambiance- Old run down decor. Not as many Republican type literature makes it a little less drab. Had to eat outside because of no inside sitting. Rating: 1.5 out of 5

4. Extras- Richard: I had the garlic fries and they were good. Little less greasy than I would have liked. Rating: 3.0 out of 5


4. Extras- Steve: Hated them! Too greasy and he was just appalled. Threw half of those away as uneatable. I look at the greasy part as a plus! He must have got mine! Rating: 1.0 out of 5

 5. Parking-Along 7th Street is not bad, but we parked out back to eat at tailgate. Not real ideal. 2.5 out of 5

Overall rating 2.0 out of 5 Steve will probably never darken this door again. Me? Sometimes you just have to have a garlic fry fix. I will be back.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And their burgers taste like dog food! How is that place still in business?!

Hank Sims said...

Steve is mixing politics with food. Lighten up, Steve!

Anonymous said...

Why do you know what dog food tastes like?

Anonymous said...

yech.

Eric Kirk said...

How can french fries be too greasy?

Ross Rowley said...

All sounds like good eats, to me. There really is no such thing as bad food...just levels of elitist palettes. You eat...you die. The rest is just flavor enhancers.

Ok Steve and Richard...I want you to to review the Tofu Shoppe and Wildflower Cafes in Arcata.

Unknown said...

two diverging 'tudes'. not unusual.
appreciate the effort.
speaking of bad taste in the mouth...Steve might ask Monica L 'bout that but then she likes democrats.

Julie Timmons said...

I'm a regular at Mike's inspite of their politics. I don't eat the dogs and I don't like the garlic fries but their burgers with chile remind me of LA burgers of the Toms-Tommies-Tommy's style.

Anonymous said...

Mike's is a fast food place not some fancy restaurant that charges $20 for a hamburger & fries.

But I love their hamburgers they are a welcome relief from the drab hamburgers at every other fast food place.

But the prize goes to Mike's Garlic Fries the best ever. They are supposed to be greasy that adds to the specialness of them!