Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Senior SAC in first place! Blue Lake SAC somewhere in the middle.

First I will cover Blue Lake Samoa Athletic Club Team. We went 3-1 over the weekend. We were pretty much forced to play a Saturday make-up game, even though I said we had people working. Sure enough, we had only 9 players and lost. The second game we had ten and won. We are 7-3 so far and 2 games behind the Barnstormers. (2 of our loses with 9 players) Eric Eichin was 4-7 with a HR and 3 Doubles and Greg Alora was hot with the bat too.

On this last weekend date I am usually playing in the Summer Slam in Red Bluff that has all the best teams on the west coast converging for a great event. I missed it for the first time in years. Arcata team Ray Wolfe Construction fell just one game short of the finals! Good job Wolfe!

Tonight was the league debut of Samoa Athletic Club's senior league club. We beat the Mossbacks 25-12. They have beat up on the senior teams I have played for the last few years. I played sparingly last year. Steve Ritter is coaching this year and picked up some players I have been playing with and against for years! John Egerer is catching (I have been playing off and on with John for over 30 years!) Dudley Walters and Bill Landowski are sharing the pitchers mound, Chris Beechel is at 2nd and short, John Parker is at SS and Stu Rosenberg at 3B. Steve Ritter is at 2nd and 1st. Carlos Avelar plays all over. In the outfield is Pat Moore, Samoasoftball, Tony Hernandez and newcomer Mel. Ed Fregoso, Dave Damme, Mike Finley and David Stone are hopefuls in the near future. Infielders Rosenberg, Parker and Beechel were great tonight.

This was my last senior game until my surgery next Tuesday. Bummer. I will be coaching with the cast at third next week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you went 5 for 5 in your senior league game, and hit well on Sunday too.

Anonymous said...

Egerer called a great game last night.Still can run too.

jmc said...

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/dburge/2009/06/02/government-motors-the-2012-pelosi-gtxi-ssrt-sport-edition/

Richard the link above is a real hoot- suggest that you watch it.