Sunday, July 27, 2008

SAC ends up 4th place in Oregon ASA "C" division State Championships. We qualify to go to nationals in Seattle.

First of all, let me tell you that the US Cellular Fields in Medford are really nice. Not Redding Big League Dreams nice, but the 5 artificial turf fields are very playable. You can see them right off of I-5 but it takes some maneuvering to find them. I requested a chance from the ASA rep if we could participate and they said we could. They placed us in the "upper" division and we competed well and placed 4th in the ASA "C" division. We did not get any close calls, but that is expected when we travel. (Local teams know the umps by name and they have to deal with those guys all year. We are just a weekend fling.) The players were great, and I met some new friends and caught up with other hard line players. It was fun regardless of our losing to Southern Oregon Softball Grants Pass Storm 5-4 to knock us out of the tourney.

My batting slump continues, so I am ready for a break out weekend. Playing 4 leagues and being over 50 has caught up with me. But I love the game and the players so I keep going.

Tournament in Scotia this weekend? Stay tuned for more information.

Don't forget the August 9th and 10th tournament at Big League Dreams in Redding. Call me at 707-445-3432. Or email me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toot Toot. There's Richard blowing his over 50 horn again.

Anonymous said...

Take the C berth and play in Lancaster, Ca. Better teams with less sandbagging than the D National Seattle.