Saturday, August 11, 2007

Health and Sports stuff. Hillary Clinton leading the pack?

Went to the United Indian Health Center the other day. Not good. Lots of poking and prodding. I was told by my health care provider to stop playing hoops. My blood pressure levels have been consistently 150/100 ish for a few weeks now and there is a concern. I am taking Clonidine and Vasotec now. I guess I am a legal junkie. I am being given a few weeks to get my blood sugar under control or will have more drugs to deal with. Just take me behind the barn and shoot me!

I am directing a softball tournament for the Humboldt Classic Senior Softball League this weekend. A team from Redding is leading the pack so far. The weather has been great and all seem to be having fun! Team Roadkill lost three game today. Wahhh!

Robin and I chaired the HCDCC booth at the fair yesterday. Wiped out the Clinton buttons and she seemed to be the overwhelming choice of the masses. Obama second and Edwards 3rd. Had multiple people point to Kucinich sticker and say "best qualified, but no chance." Two women came by and started this conversation, "I like Hillary. I would do Bill in a second." The other lady pointed to the John Edwards sticker and said, "I would do him." This started an uncomfortable banter between the two on who was the best "to do." (These were two good looking late 30's women who also confessed they were married.) It was all Humboldt County Fair fun. " Not much action at the Republican booth from what I saw.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey the other Richard, so I take it you got into the fair free...

Yes, the Republicans seem to never have much going on in the way of promoting their party in Humboldt County. They seem to be just a bunch of Humboldt want to be elites having a social club once a month--wine, cheese, a few beers, a lot of wind talk--and then they go home to their daily lives with not really accomplishing much... Heck, maybe they should give me a ring--I could at least get them from the party mode--to a party mode...

I will also have to say that the Democrats--well, are the democrats. I will give them an A for effort for at least showing midnight movies, barbeques, making proclamations, saying good by to Riggs, hiring new help, and even caring about something of nothing.

So, who is the premiere Party in Humboldt County--a Party who well just parties or a Party who cares about something of nothing.

choices, choices, choices.......

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the women at the fair booth will vote? They sound like real do-ers.

Hey, 4:02 a.m., go to bed.

Carol said...

Too funny, Robin and Richard! You just never know who will come up to the booth.

Good to hear you are taking care of yourself and are listening to Robin, Richard.

Anonymous said...

Richard, why would your health care provider tell you stop playing hoops? My blood pressure was 160/100 and my doc put me on blood pressure med and told me to exercise more, not give it up!

samoasoftball said...

Stu: She was worried about over staining because of the explosive motions may be too much of a strain. Obviously she has not seen me play. She was cool with me going to the gym and lift and exercise though.

Bad news on the softball field though. John Parker broke his foot in two places at the tournament. On his first day of vacation. I will make sure I stay at least two crutch lengths away from him until later. He was playing good ball too.

Anonymous said...

If you are Diabetic you should be taking Captopril or Lisonopril for HBP. These -pril drugs help protect the kidneys. Back off the bad carbs to get your blood sugars down. I don't understand the "no exercise" either unless you have had prior issues. Swimming is the best cardio exercise and least impact for people who have back problems. Too bad insurance wouldn't pay for our pool!

samoasoftball said...

Just for the record, I played hoops today. Just not with zeal and gusto. And I was schooled by 67 year old Bruce Norton.

Anonymous said...

Dennis Kucinich is the best qualified candidate, and Kucinich has as much chance of winning the Democratic presidential nomination as John Edwards does, which isn't much of a chance. But it is better to vote for a candidate who deserves your vote, rather than some corporate tool who is barely less idiotic than the Republican candidate. Can you say HILLARY???