Wednesday, April 08, 2020

COVID 19 reading if you don't have list already.

These are the last 7 books i have read recently.  Right now I am reading a philosophy type novel Tom Robbin's Skinny legs and all. I am also indulging on Thunderstruck by Erik Larsen about World War I era in England.

Just finished Blood Drenched Beard by Dan Galera. One of those books that you have to reflect on. Great Story telling. Love but no love, redemption where there is none, courage to the point of dumb. Lost found but not appreciated. A bunch of philosophical tie ins. Worth the trudging. But I will give it 4/5.

John Steinbeck- Grapes of Wrath. Still waiting for a hero long after I read. Just sad hard times. Grateful to not have been on this trip. This was a very hard read. A classic that I will give 3.5/5.

John Jakes-American Dreams. Love, hate, hope and passion both good and bad. I just love everything Jakes. Now this is an easy read. A romp actually. I give it 4.5/5.

Kim Edwards-The Lake of Dreams. And it just might put you to sleep too. Just a messed up young lady you just can’t feel sorry for and thin story-line. I give this read a 2/5.

Michael Chabon-The Final Solution. I loved Kavalier and Clay. This was a good quick read with lots of turns but at the end no real surprises. I will give it a 3/5.

Jack Finney -From Time to Time. I thought I would love this book. I barely tolerated. Just could not be convinced of the premise. So it had a hard time keeping me interested. Way too much historical detail to say the least. I will say it is worth maybe 2/5.

Elmore Leonard-Out of Sight. Caught my attention, hoped for the best all of the way through but knowing how it would end. I did enjoy, but not outstanding. I give it 3/5.

No comments: