Thursday, November 15, 2018

Thank you Humboldt County!



I have been so fortunate to have had the endorsement of our highest legislative representative’s, Congressman Jared Huffman, Senator Mike McGuire and Assemblyman Jim Wood.  Thanks also to Humboldt County Supervisors Mike Wilson and Virginia Bass and Supervisor elect Steve Madrone.

To my button maker and friend Auditor Controller Karen Paz Dominguez, “Ok, we have enough buttons now!” 

Much gratitude to current Eureka Mayor Frank Jager and other conservative community elected members that endorsed me for my record and our friendships that transcend political party politics.

Thanks to former Eureka Mayor Peter LaVallee and congratulations to incoming Eureka Mayor Susan Seaman and Councilpersons Natalie Arroyo, Kim Bergel and Leslie Castellano. And thanks to Councilperson Austin Allison. I much appreciated your support.

I have been so blessed to have the continued support of my fellow Harbor Commissioners Pat Higgins, Greg Dale and Stephen Kullman. Keep doing what you do for the Harbor.

Thank you to my former fellow directors on the Samoa Peninsula Fire District, Chief Dale Unea, Troy Nicolini, Hal Grotke and Lia Stoffers for their support and for keeping the Samoa Peninsula safe!

A shout out to volunteers Nick Thomas, Bill Cook, Cody Johns, Crescent City Councilman Alex Fallman, Ciara Emery and  Sandy Farrell for canvassing the streets of Eureka with me to get the message out about our campaign.  And thanks to Arcata City Councilman Brett Watson for the logistic support that was invaluable.

For the wonderful “Fish Fry by the Sea” event, thank you to former 1st Division Harbor Commissioner Aaron Newman, Leroy Zerlang and the Dale families and friends. People are still talking about the great food!

I can’t say enough about the former elected officeholders that endorsed my campaign, Senator Wesley Chesbro, State Assembly member Patty Berg, Fourth District Supervisor Bonnie Neely, Third District Supervisors Julie Fulkerson and John Woolley, Eureka City Councilpersons Linda Adkin and Larry Glass and Arcata City Councilperson Alex Stillman. 

Thanks to the Humboldt County Democratic Central Committee, Humboldt Progressive Democrats, North Coast People Alliance, Green Party of Humboldt County, Humboldt State College Democrats, and the Sierra club.

To my union brothers and sisters who helped finance and make my election viable, I am truly grateful to Humboldt/ Del Norte Central Labor Council, Building and Trades Council, Operating Engineers local 3, United Brotherhood of Carpenters 751, International  Brotherhood of  Electrical Workers 551, American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) 1684, The International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators & Allied Workers local 16, the Laborers International Union of North America and the many other labor organizations.  “United we Bargain, Divided we beg!”

To my ever patient lifelong partner Robin, I love you and can’t begin to say how much I appreciate you.

Thank you to my opponent Marian Brady for running a fair campaign. We share many of the same visions for harbor growth, but just respectfully disagree how to get there.

Humboldt County, It has been an honor to represent the 4th Division for the last nine years and I am looking forward to continued success for the future.  

If anybody out there has some spare change to donate to my campaign debt, please sent to Marks for Harbor Commissioner 2018 at PO Box 184 Samoa, Ca 95564 or go to my website at voterichardmarks.org. It will be much appreciated. 

No comments: