Saturday, October 06, 2012

Arcata Hall of Fame Wrestling Team of 1982!


Went last night’s Arcata Homecoming game against Fortuna to witness Arcata spanking the Huskies 38-18. Can’t recall the last time Arcata did that. I was there to actually see the induction of the Arcata High 1982 Wrestling Team into the Arcata High Hall of Fame. Why my interest? I ended up friends with many on this team and played either intermural sports or city sports with and against them. I played basketball with Gene (Max) Emery and Owen Hooven (Former Professional Football player Drafted by the Dallas Cowboys). I played softball with and against Mike Puzz (Red Dog), Chris Brittain, Kevin Moser , Kenny Bradbury (Baril) and Lee Theuerkauf. Even the team Statistician, Theresa Cheek,  pitched batting practice to my Fast Pitch team. This was just a special tight knit group of whom I have been blessed to know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering, how many guys in the picture are gay?

samoasoftball said...

Does it matter?

Anonymous said...

Exciting.

Peterson said...

Exciting.