I was panhandled today in an unusual spot today. In front of Subway by Sizzler. The kid looked to be in his early 20's. Seems like it is becoming more aggressive lately locally. Seems to me the top five spots for Eureka are:
1. The old Gas and Go, now the Patriot station on 4th and 255. Any hour of the day.
2. Courthouse Market. Kind of Ironic that it is across the street from the courthouse.
3. Little Red Lion Bar. Mostly for smokes around here. No. I don't smoke or hang out at the bar.
4. Between Longs and Safeway on Harris. Usually with a dog.
5. Bayshore Mall. At least they are not as aggressive here.
And yes, I do often give to these people. It just is sad to me what happens to someone to stoop that low. And in Eureka I have seen the same people for years.
[UPDATE 7:10 a.m.] Hwy 36 Closed After Logging Truck Spills Load; One Fatality - About 5:54 a.m., two vehicles were involved in an incident near the intersection of Johnson Lane and Hwy 36 between Carlotta and Grizzly Creek Redwoods Sta...
51 minutes ago