Thursday, January 22, 2009

A big NO on Tim Geithner for Treasury Secretary!

Let me see. Our newly appointed Treasury Secretary Geithner forgot to pay necessary taxes in 2001, 2002, 2003 & 2004. He also illegally claimed deductions he was not eligible for in 2001, 2004 and 2005. And he can be trusted for this job to head up the IRS……how? And I will disagree with above link to a Wall Street Journal article that his actions should not cost him the job. If he was an employee of the IRS instead of the "boss" he would be fired!

I know these appointments are when everyone calls in their favors, but this one smacks of elitist cronyism to the maximum. I hope he is not confirmed. Next!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You think his is bad Rich, just seems to be more and more the norm for our politicians. Do a google on Sam Adams, mayor of Portland. Just elected and maybe on his way out already.

Hey I lost your email, send one to me at evensonm@OHSU.edu so I can contact you when I come to town.

Rose said...

Looks like we have something we can agree on, Richard!

Anonymous said...

We're still waiting Rose.

Anonymous said...

Too late now. He was voted in. Disgusting.