Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry X-mas from Evergreen Pulp!

Literally. I helped make pulp this Christmas eve and day. The shovel did not feel any lighter than any other day. (Had a Cha Ching a linging $1,200 two day working bash though.) One of my co-workers wanted the days off to be with family and I had just spent time with my family in Sac-Town so I volunteered.

Since my duties were cut back with little truck traffic, I cooked my crew breakfast for the two days. Eggs, ham, biscuits, gravy, hash browns and sausage. I have it down to science and can feed upwards to 6 within a given 10 minute time frame. I should have been a short order cook.

6 days, 72 hours of work. This will be a long week. I hope all a happy holiday.

4 comments:

rick mitchell said...

WOW!I am impressed Rich. A far cry from the boyscot days.
You must have been practicing. I wouldnt think Robin would let you be in the kitchen.
Rick

Carol said...

Make that moohla, Richard! Hope you are over your cold. We got colds for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and Robin!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should think about a breakfast fundraiser for Richard M when he runs for Supe. I would go for that one. Might not have to have all the stuff available just eggs, potatoes, bacon maybe a biscuit. Some of the clubs have breakfast fundraisers and they are pretty well attended.

Anonymous said...

Oh Richard, your my hero!