Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My wife had surgery today......

My wife Robin has been ill for a few months. She had all kinds of tests to narrow down her problems. She was admitted at 6:30am to prep with a operation scheduled for 8am. Her surgery ended up being at noon! Somebody hit a power pole in Arcata so the hospital had to do a systems check on their backup power system. She is resting as I type at Mad River Hospital. She wanted to go there over St. Joe because of the nurses labor situation. Last week we were in UC Davis medical center over 6 hours waiting for a doctor. Robin's last surgery in Redding was scheduled for 10am and happened at around 6pm. Is this just a normal happening? Drives me nuts sitting around a hospital. We did have a discussion about uncomfortable subjects such as organ donations, cremation, rights to die......all the stuff you never think you will never have to ever talk about. I will donate my organs (anyone I haven't polluted too bad) and be cremated and have my ashes spread on the softball field. But which one? Coopers? Hartman? Arcata Sports complex? Samoa? Stay tuned.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh it has to be samoa your a legend their. other wise if you want i can sneak you in to big league dreams and spread you out over all the fields.

Eric V. Kirk said...

Hope all goes well for her Richard.

samoasoftball said...

Kris: Please have a party fest spreading them at BLDreams!
The Humboldt's Finest Softballers! Robin is at home now. I called in for the night to take care of her. My first call in since 1990.

Fred Mangels said...

I take it they figured out what was wrong with her?

samoasoftball said...

The problem was narrowed to her Gall Bladder. She has been having attacks that have left her really messed up. She said it was worse than Birth pains. So they removed it. The doctor said it was inflamed and they had a little trouble getting it out. But she is on the road to recovery. The other night she told me to go to my softball game and win one for her. I struck out and we lost 33-9 I think. Just not a good week.

Fred Mangels said...

Well, at least they seem to have located the problem.