Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Avelar Softball!

The Eureka Reporter did a piece on the Avelar family softball team. The Eureka Reporter He has been playing softball longer than me! Carlos has been a great community volunteer coach for many years. He coached my oldest son in soccer and I have witnessed the hard work and dedication he has to his cause. There have been literally thousands of Humboldt County residents that had their early life lessons taught by Carlos. I hope the ER does more stories like this. I have always hated playing against Carlos in softball. He seems to always be able to get on batting from either side switch hitting. I am hoping he joins my Senior League team next year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whos the guy in the background, good story could have been longer, should of

Anonymous said...

Hey how about that Jackson Kircher kid,=... he quickly becoming one of the top softball hitters(players) in our area! Carlos

samoasoftball said...

Jackson is on his way to being a premier softball shortstop. He still has alot of arm left though, so I would like to see him pitching organized hardball again. I am hoping to put together another local hardball team next summer and maybe having him pitch for us. He does play for the Eel River Eels hardball right now.