Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Ol' Red still hauling. Causes class stereotyping


My old Ford Ranger may have seen it's best days, but with over 170,000 miles, it still does the job. Robin and I hauled off some e-waste the other day, and then hauled firewood home. (Yes, the blue Ranger is mine also. Bought it not too long ago for $950.) Robin and I have found it ironic that when we go to the Salvation Army or other donation spots with Ol' Red, we have our stuff is turned away. (Clothes, furniture, general goods.) But Robin can take the same stuff in her PT Cruiser, and they will come out and help her bring in the items! One day Robin took Ol' Red to work and left the lights on. One of her co-workers came into the office and reported the truck with the lights on. "We better find out who owns the truck with the lights on, we probably don't want whoever owns that to be stuck here!" Isn't it funny how people prejudge people by what they drive.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typical Peninsula trash. I hope "e-waste" refers to the empty beer bottles and used condoms strewn about everywhere.

Rambo said...

I read e-waste as yard and garden waste. Typical anon post

Humboldt said...

I read e-waste as electronics like computers and TV's. I'm thinking Richard will get more respect now that he's freshly shorn. You're a good man Richard!

Tapperass said...

I had no idea that the Anonymous descended from Aristocracy.

I learn something new everyday.

-boy

Anonymous said...

e-waste being electronics.

Anonymous said...

Look more like derangers to me

Anonymous said...

Between your haircut and vehicle I'd put you somewhere between Deliverance and Manila.

samoasoftball said...

I was called today and challenged to put a roll bar in and race 'Ol Red" at the Acres. And I am thinking abourt it! What the heck. I am an OKIE at heart.

Rambo said...

Don't sell your self short Rich. your more than a at heart Okie :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Richard those trucks are sweet compared to that old white Mazda or whatever it was you had with the permanent air conditioning(rust holes) everywhere not to mention the car that you could hit the dash and make the lights go off while you were driving.

samoasoftball said...

1:24pm My old 70' Dodge Charger! I loved that car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5kSNwAidSk

Anonymous said...

anon 1:18 the "e" means Enough.and the "waste" means you and the drivel you spew. Mary

Anonymous said...

Bite me trailer mama! better yet, spend that time cleaning up the diapers that litter your front lawn, peninsula trash.