Just who are the most recognized people living in Humboldt County? I mean, which people do most long time residents know or are familiar with? Not counting current people holding elected political offices.
10. Pete- I have picked up Pete in his rag tag clothes and all hitchhiking when he spent much time in Manila. He has a wheel chair now, but is still around the Arcata area.
9. Rollin Trehearne- “ThunderCountry” Basketball ref guy.
8. Perry Price- Retired purchasing agent for the City of Eureka. Between the thousands of people he has coached in Humboldt County, hard for Perry to go much of anywhere in Northern California and Southern Oregon without people stopping to talk with him. And he seems to remember everyone!
7. Dana Hall- “The Burleyman” has been around on the radio since 74’? Wow.
6. Dave Silverbrand- Our local “TV” personality.
5. Cheri Arkley- Say what you will about her and Robin, but not many would not recognize her. She has always been pleasant when I have seen her.
4. Harvey Harper- Harvey is one of a kind. He helped me out years back when I had trouble with my old Aerostar van personally, and I have been doing business there ever since.
3. Rex Bohn- Running the Cutten fields has introduced Rex to multi thousands of people in Humboldt County across all social economic and political boundaries. He buys wood chips for the pulp mill. Uses cell phone alot.
2. Corky Cornwell- Sells cell phones. Used to buy wood chips for the pulp mill. Hmmmm.
1. Nancy Flemming- She has to be the most well known figure in the County. The ex-mayor has put her stamp on Eureka.
Of course, the late Hobart Brown would have been at the top before passing.
Now this is just through my eyes. I am sure there are others who will disagree, but I thought I would throw my opinion out there.
California Senate Appropriations committee guts AB 266 or historic cannabis progress? - http://m.eastbayexpress.com/LegalizationNation/archives/2015/08/27/california-legislature-were-regulating-medical-marijuana Article: Today the California S...
4 hours ago