A few weeks ago I was in Sacramento and went to Wiener Works with my buddy Brad. User Reviews for Wiener Works, Sacramento MyTravelGuide.com They have these great 14 inch hot dogs and ridiculous portions of fries. I used to get a dog every so often at Manila Market. They broiled Evergood dogs all day and they were a great treat. L & M Drive In and the old OH"s on Harris also used to make great dogs. And the broiled dogs in the old waist cook baskets at Arcata Ball Park for Crab's games in the 70's and 80's were wonderful. I see a great lack of this cuisine in Humboldt County now. Here is my top 5 picks. Please chime in!
1. Costco-I have to go to Costco to get a decent dog? Why is this? But they do have the best ones around. This is sad.
2. Mikes Hamburger-The Chili Dog is really quite good with the garlic fries.
3. Coney Island-Needs more flare and presentation. I like their burgers though.
4. Bob's Footlong-Nice people and good service, but just OK.
5. Fresh Freeze-Although I have not checked one out in a while.
And remember the Marks rule, Quantity over Quality!
Over-taxed Fortuna reeling from 500% tax hike, and the County wants them to pay even more - Just about a year ago, the Fortuna Volunteer Fire Department pushed through an anything-but-voluntary 500% increase in property tax for fire protection. By...
1 hour ago