Saturday, February 17, 2007

Tired and cranky on the Peninsula

I am getting tired. At work I am on a string of 11 12 hour shifts in 13 days. I may work a few 16 hour shifts since I am stuck there. They are still hiring.
I have been on this weight lifting "thingy" for over a month now. You have to get creative and do new things to try to "trick" your muscles. I read about this new push-up exercise using a Swedish fitness ball CNHI News Service Get on the ball by placing your hands on the ball and doing a push up where your chest touches the ball. I have done many push-ups and figured that was an easy one to pull off. Wrong! It is hard to keep stable. You end up putting all sorts of muscles to work. Been a challenge, but I am starting to get better. My wife Robin had already read about this. I am always amazed at how much she knows about a wide variety of stuff. I call her the "Queen of Useless information." Oh, I say it lovingly. She reads more than your average type though.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

From experience with a yogo ball, your knowing about it isn't useless at all Richard. You aren't just doing pushups. You are developing core muscles that will give you better balance foremost, and the muscles you are developing will burn more calories at rest.

Anonymous said...

I'm tired! Whaa whiner wiener.

Anonymous said...

Hey Richard,
who do you got on your basketball team, this year, looks like we got a first game aginst you guys

samoasoftball said...

Ben Horton, Dave and Bruce Norton(65), Dustin, Denheyer(48), Me(49), Ed (47), Paul Schneekluth (40+), Ben Hickock, Billy Sines and Brandon Murphy. We can put 5 guys on the court with the average age of over 50!

samoasoftball said...

ARRRRGGGGGHHHH! The Anonymous Wiener poster strikes again!

Anonymous said...

I guess we
don't play you wendesday, not till march 23, and don't bull shit me
i know you got a couple of young work horses, i know your not going into a league with out a good chance of winning it. we got a bunch of outside shooter's, From St.B Randy Walker is coaching it i'm just kinda helping out,
when this rain let's up a little we need to go back over the Hill

samoasoftball said...

Kris: Which team are you on? Look out for the old guys here!

Anonymous said...

i'm playing with
Murphy's, J-MO is playing with
us and Ref Tybell, a Arcata native i really don't know the other guys too well, our bigest problem is team work since this is the first time a lot of us has played together.