Monday, February 12, 2007

I have a LTE printed in Washington! (The State)

I wrote a letter to the editor to the Daily World in Washington concerning the new owners of the Cosmopolis Pulp Mill. The Daily World This was in response to an earlier article that pretty much outlined the new owners feelings about union workers. The Daily World People and corporations who disregard or marginalize a quality work force just irks me.

I just finished another 16 hour shift doing clean up and met a new hire from Palco. He started last week at Evergreen. He is owed thousands by Palco and has been told there little chance for financial recovery. But Fortuna Mayor John Campbell is listed as a front line collector on $400,000 for past service. John, do you disregard that young man's 12 years of actually doing physical work for Palco over your few years of advice in a company doing illegal business and ripping off workers in Humboldt County and doing poor environmental practices? Makes me sick!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Richard,

how can you be so cruel to Mr. Campbell? He's really going to need that $400,000 to pay off the mortgage on his new home in Fortuna which the county assessor values at just over $1,000,000.

Anonymous said...

I ought write a letter to the Daily World describing how that place will turn your women into whores! They will sleep around behind your back. I'm a simple man, but I'm not into whores!

Anonymous said...

What????
reply to 4:41

samoasoftball said...

4:41pm Did I miss something here?

7:38am Campbell is not making points if he is hoping to run for Supervisor, that is for sure.