Monday, November 27, 2006

Who are those 600 provisional voters?

Provisional voters are generally people who show up to a polling place to vote and are not on the precinct rolls but want to vote anyways. Today I heard of a person showing up at one of the precincts wanting to vote. He had a Texas license but insisted on his right to vote. And he should if he is a registered voter who can show proof of his voting status. Then it is up to the elections office to determine if they are actually eligible to vote. I wonder what % of these people will actually be involved in the final vote count locally. They can and may affect the outcome. Check out this link for more clarified description and qualifications of a provisional voter. http://ss.ca.gov/elections/hava/compliance_manual/chpt8_provisional_voting_and_free_access_final.doc

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

according to the elections department,about 90% will be counted.

Anonymous said...

Flemming/Neely 'Too Close To Call

Heraldo Riviera said...

Richard,

You have to learn how to make links without pasting the whole url. Blogger makes it easy. Email me if you have any question.

Anonymous said...

< a href="whatever.com" >link< /a >
but with no spaces between the angle brackets and the rest of the code.

Fred Mangels said...

I thought I tried it like that some time ago and it wouldn't work so I gave up on it. Guess I'll have to try again.

samoasoftball said...

Sorry Heraldo-Sometimes when I drag it comes out like that. I am a click and drag type person.

Heraldo Riviera said...

Thanks for pasting that, Rose.

Fred - it's really picky and you have to have it just right with no spaces. But that's only for comments. I was talking about the actual post. All you have to do there is click a button, cut, and paste.

Don't mean to nit-pick, Richard. It's a simple trick that makes your posts more readable.

Anonymous said...

Check out Nick Bravo's new girlfriend!

link

She is 'special' just like Nicholas!

Fred Mangels said...

Oh, on the actual post? Yeah, adding links is easy.

Anonymous said...

Guess I've been doing it the hard way - or else Safari doens't have that capability. And, thanks, heraldo, I think I got it from you originally. :)

Anonymous said...

Does anybody know why we can't delete our own comments anymore?