Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hot in the Valley!

My wife and I took off early this week to vacation in San Diego. My wife has been sick lately, but was feeling up to try to travel. When we hit Delano it was 114. We stopped in Bakersfield and it was 111. My wife started to feel really ill. So the next morning we headed back up the valley toward Sacramento to find better health care. We ended up at UC Davis Medical on Thursday and waited over 6 hours with no hope for a doctor for no telling how much longer. My wife just kept feeling worse and worse. I wanted to yell if there was a doctor in the house, but there were so many people in the emergency room it was just crazy. I felt so helpless. We could have driven all the way home in 6 hours. In the end we ended up leaving so she could cool off at the motel. We have been together for 33 years and she has never had health issues so this has been weird. She has had to deal with my issues and is used to being the healer not the sick. We will go home to our local doctors.

3 comments:

samoasoftball said...

We are back at home now. She is resting.

Fred Mangels said...

Did you find out what was wrong with her?

samoasoftball said...

Robin is still having tests done.