I have been to more than a few bars in places like Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Hawaii, Arizona and California while I worked as a union organizer. Bars are usually a neutral place for some who were scared of the process. And it seems there is a usual 25 or so song’s that are played to death. Here are the 10 songs I could really do without hearing one more time at a bar:
10. “Crazy on you!” Heart. But strangely, I love it on the radio.
9. “Bad to the bone!” George Thorogood & The Destroyers. Yeah, leave that one alone!
8. “Radar love.” Golden Earring. Brenda Lee came on strong how many years ago? Give it a rest!
7. “Welcome to the Jungle!” Guns and Roses. No! Not for the 10th time tonight!
6. “Abracadabra” The Steve Miller Band. Or the “Joker” or “Big ol’ Jet Airliner.”
5. ”Joy to the World.” Three Dog Night. Joy to the fishes and you and me?
4. “Jack and Diane” John Cougar. How about no little ditty about them!
3. “Cecelia.” Paul Simon. Who in their right mind would ever pick this song on the Jukebox? And yet there it plays again!
2. "Old Time Rock and Roll!” Bob Seger. And someone will play this multiple times in an hour loop! Please, no more!
1. “Highway to Hell!” AC/DC. C’mon. I am in a bar. Don’t need to be reminded!
Really, there should be some filter on the Jukebox that will not allow a song to be played over 3 times in a night. That would help a lot. Later I will name my top ten favorite songs to hear in a bar.
Trinidad Bay Eatery Is Hiring And Plans To Open Soon - It closed last year and Trinidad Ca. lost it's iconic breakfast spot. Sure there is the Beachcomber Cafe' but they don't do the full on breakfast like the Tr...
52 minutes ago