Reflecting recently on the closure of OH’s Townhouse, I thought about the different local grubbing establishments that closed that affected my trough feeding. Here are my top closures in the Eureka and how they played a roll in my life:
10. Lila’s Taco shop- Their garbage burrito was a great sloppy mess!
9. Shakey’s/Andy’s Prosperous Pizza- Many good times spent there with the kids. They had a great munch lunch.
8. L & M Burger- Robin and I went for their sub sandwiches.
7. Volpi’s- Classy place for a serious date. Miss the great view Robin and I seemed to hardly get.
6. A & W- Paul Maisenbach took us kids for Root Beer floats if his LP fast-pitch team won their games! I loved the fake pressed fries. No really!
5. King’s Table- Remember that Santa Claus look alike that used to hang out there around X-Mas? I used to save our LP meal tickets to take the kids there for a special treat.
4. OH’s- Last time my mom, dad and us kids and grandkids got together. No more, “union rings or green beans?”
3. Michael’s- Great memories of ditching the kids for a night. (Sorry Jake and Jordan) Used to leave them with my mom for the night and went out with “grown ups.”
2. Shang Hai Low-Miss the wontons and the little juke boxes for each table for the kids to mess with. But the Toms’ seemed ready to retire. (This was one of the last local union restaurants.)
1. Verla’s/Tom’s Sourdough- Verla’s had the greatest burgers years back. Tom’s Sourdough was a favorite after softball hangout. It was really something after Robin’s LP Treetopper women’s softball team played. The women on the team had over 30 kids! Then we husbands and families made the place crazy!
Here are others that almost made the cut: Lazio’s, Captain’s Galley, Eureka Inn, OH’s Hamburger King, Stanton’s Red Barn, Dennis and Geri’s, Betty Mae's and Enrico’s Deli.
The Humboldt Civil Liberties Defense Fund Endorses DA Candidate Elan Firpo - Press Release: The Humboldt Civil Liberties Defense Fund (HCLDF) enthusiastically endorses Élan Firpo for District Attorney. The HCLDF is committed to the...
8 hours ago