Breakfast used to be my favorite meal. It seems that the older I get, the more I just pass it over. Oh, I am not talking bagel, scones, muffins or donuts, I am talking serious load em up eating here. If you are hungry and lost in the Eureka area, here are my suggestions:
1. Bev’s Café-Huge portions. The chicken fried steak fills a whole separate plate. This is for the serious chow hound.
2. Stanton’s-I am partial to the Wood Boss. Three Eggs, sausage, hash browns, toast and pancakes. Just right for a good filler-up.
3. Samoa Cookhouse-I will only go if they are having the eggs, sausage, toast, hash browns and the biscuits and gravy. French toast and pancake days are not my cup of tea.
4. The Chalet House of Omelets-The food is consistent just none to big.
5. Golden Harvest Café-I love the Humboldt Omelet, but their potatoes are not that great. Get a side order of sour cream to down those puppies.
6. Marie Calendar’s-Just a cut above some others. Someone who picks this place must be into just chatting waiting for an order.
7. The Marina-The food is all right, it is just the portion thing. I do not go here to get my grub on!
8. Denny’s-I have been known to order a meal and then add another grand slam just to add extra garnish. Oh come now, quantity over quality, remember?
9. Cutten Inn-Last time I went they were using Babe’s Pizza as a home. Are they back in their old location? They are all right, not great or anything.
10. Any Weekend Buffet- Hometown, Marie Calender’s, Red Lion it does not really matter as long as the quantity is there!
Any favorite in your hometown?
Studio S closed from February until May - Good news, Susan Strope's art will be featured again at the Wine Spot in Eureka in February. You can still visit with Susan, drink wine and cheese, you jus...
4 hours ago