Friday, November 11, 2011

Hug a Veteran day.

The picture is my brother Roy in Vietnam. He died of complications from Agent Orange exposure. He served in Nam and Korea. My father Major Marks was at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed and he served in Korea. My oldest brother James served in Korea. My brother Mike served in Vietnam. I decided to not enlist after seeing the affects of Nam on my older brothers. I would have went if drafted, but the draft was stopped by the time I was 18. I hate war, but appreciate the men and women who fight for our freedoms. This day is for them.

3 comments:

skippy said...

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

skippy said...

Richard, I mentioned this special family photo of Roy in the Humboldt Sentinel.

It's very special and simple portrait of family and service that speaks a thousand words.

Thank you for sharing this with us, Richard.

...skips