(Whalers Inn was #11)
Sometimes I get nostalgic about some of my most missed places to eat and I thought I would share some and why. You can see I am all over the board as far as cuisine and setting. Some of these are being revisited.
20. Lazio’s: They had the best fries believe it or not. Used to buy some while fishing for Perch and Smelt off the dock.
19. Eureka Inn: Used to be classy place for meal. Not that great of food, but I have pleasant memories family wise.
18. Enrico’s: Used to live within a block and had many sandwiches and specialty beers from here.
17. Deb’s: Liked the greasy burgers!
16. Kings Table: I have fond memories with the kids.
15. Lila’s Taco Shop: The Garbage burrito was the best!
14. Stanton’s: No more wood’s boss!
13. Volpi’s: Best view of all past eating places.
12. A & W: For whatever reason, I loved the mashed potato fries. Oh, and the bacon bits on the burgers.
11. Whaler’s Inn: Didn’t get enough chances to eat here. Usually saved for special times.
10. Betty Mae’s/Bev’s Cafe: Where or where can you get those portions for breakfast!
9. Arctic Circle: Now we will never no the answer to the “Secret Sauce.” My niece's Erica and Jessica from Sacramento lament this the most.
8. OH’s Hamburger King: For those of you who remember, great dogs and onion rings.
7. Verla’s/Tom’s Sourdough: Both places hold great teenager memories. I was once accused of throwing a stink bomb down the chimney and was kicked out “forever.” Ah, good times. (No, I didn’t do it.)
6. Shakey’s/Andy’s Prosperous Pizza: They had a great buffet and was a great post game place to gather for softball!
5. Dennis and Jerry’s: Great place to go before or after Mrytlewood Lounge.
4. OH’s Townhouse: Best Prime rib in the County. Never matched.
3. Jalisco’s: I so miss their buffet. Great mild salsa.
2. Michael’s: My wife’s #1. We went many times with our friends Liz and Loren for the Steak and Fettuccine special
1. Shanghai Low: Never have found replacement for the won tons or the prawns. I also liked the almond chicken chow mien. Miss the kids playing with the juke boxes at the table. Last union restaurant in Eureka.
The Elusive Freedom of Tomorrow - The Great Dictator Speaks **Award-Winning Animated Short** Skippy Massey Humboldt Sentinel War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is streng...
10 hours ago