(Whalers Inn was #11)
Sometimes I get nostalgic about some of my most missed places to eat and I thought I would share some and why. You can see I am all over the board as far as cuisine and setting. Some of these are being revisited.
20. Lazio’s: They had the best fries believe it or not. Used to buy some while fishing for Perch and Smelt off the dock.
19. Eureka Inn: Used to be classy place for meal. Not that great of food, but I have pleasant memories family wise.
18. Enrico’s: Used to live within a block and had many sandwiches and specialty beers from here.
17. Deb’s: Liked the greasy burgers!
16. Kings Table: I have fond memories with the kids.
15. Lila’s Taco Shop: The Garbage burrito was the best!
14. Stanton’s: No more wood’s boss!
13. Volpi’s: Best view of all past eating places.
12. A & W: For whatever reason, I loved the mashed potato fries. Oh, and the bacon bits on the burgers.
11. Whaler’s Inn: Didn’t get enough chances to eat here. Usually saved for special times.
10. Betty Mae’s/Bev’s Cafe: Where or where can you get those portions for breakfast!
9. Arctic Circle: Now we will never no the answer to the “Secret Sauce.” My niece's Erica and Jessica from Sacramento lament this the most.
8. OH’s Hamburger King: For those of you who remember, great dogs and onion rings.
7. Verla’s/Tom’s Sourdough: Both places hold great teenager memories. I was once accused of throwing a stink bomb down the chimney and was kicked out “forever.” Ah, good times. (No, I didn’t do it.)
6. Shakey’s/Andy’s Prosperous Pizza: They had a great buffet and was a great post game place to gather for softball!
5. Dennis and Jerry’s: Great place to go before or after Mrytlewood Lounge.
4. OH’s Townhouse: Best Prime rib in the County. Never matched.
3. Jalisco’s: I so miss their buffet. Great mild salsa.
2. Michael’s: My wife’s #1. We went many times with our friends Liz and Loren for the Steak and Fettuccine special
1. Shanghai Low: Never have found replacement for the won tons or the prawns. I also liked the almond chicken chow mien. Miss the kids playing with the juke boxes at the table. Last union restaurant in Eureka.
Yesterday's BOLO issued by EPD was from an incident at 2nd and Y bus stop - EPD Crime Analyst Brittany Powell provided more details and some clarification on time and parties involved in yesterday's BOLO. Scanner audio is based on...
37 minutes ago