I am the trough feeding king. Haven’t seen a buffet I didn’t like. My motto is “I don’t care if it tastes good, as long as there is lot’s of it!” Other words, quantity over quality. So to lighten the mood from my last post, here are my top 10 load em up hot spots with comments:
1. Hometown Buffet-Lots of variety. Consistent. I like their meatloaf and Salisbury patties. Just comfort type food.
2. Angelo’s Buffet-I love the pizza and hot wings. They are a bit inconsistent on filling the troughs though.
3. Jalisco’s Buffet-The wings are great and the enchilada’s wonderful. And you can put whatever suits your Mexican taste.
4. Blue Lake Casino-Prime Rib night is the best, but I also am fond of Friday fish night.
5. Babetta’s-If you did not know they had a buffet, you have got to at least try it once. Great macaroni and salad stuff. Don’t show up on Monday though, they are closed.
6. Bev’s Café-Order their Chicken Fried Steak and eggs and have the one pancake instead of the toast. And then try to eat it all. For under $9. For the mega hungry.
7. China Buffet-Lot’s of filling stuff here. Need bigger plates so I don’t have to keep going back.
8. Big Louie’s-If you are just a straight up pizza freak, here is your place. Less than $5 to boot.
9. Stanton’s-Big Boss. Just the right size for the big breakfast freak not wanting to over do it.
10. Sizzler-Maybe the best salad bar for when you want to load em up but feel guilty about the calories.
These local businesses quietly decided to make this holiday season one that will be different for kids that are forgotten - At Thanksgiving and Christmas, the obligatory stories on the Mission, Betty Chinn, churches get featured on TV and in the newspaper. What never gets men...
5 hours ago